Kati Chakrasana (Waist Rotation Post) is a very simple but powerful asana which has multiple benefits. Practicing Kati Chakrasana cures stiff back and also tones the hips. It is very easy to learn and practice.
How to Practice Kati Chakrasana?
- Stand with the feet around 2 feet apart. Make sure that the body is balance equally on both the legs.
- Spread the hands on both sides of the body with palms down parallel to the shoulders.
- Inhale. With exhalation swing the hands and move towards left side. Hold the left shoulder with the right hand and move the left hand and try to touch the right waist from the back of the body.
- Rotate the neck towards left and try to look back as much as possible.
- Stay for around 10 to 15 seconds and then with inhalation come back to initial position.
- Now repeat the same for the other side.
- While in the final position make sure that the weight does not fall on one leg.
Benefits of Kati Chakrasana
- Kati Chakrasana removes stiffness of back.
- Tones the lower back, shoulders and neck. Gives a nice stretch to the back in general.
- It is one of the poses in Shankha Prakshalan which is a yogic cleansing routine of the digestive system.