Lot of time when we see a yogi practicing, it become difficult to conceive how we can practice those difficult poses. This can be discouraging lot of times and stop people from taking up yoga practice. The truth is there are several yoga poses which are quite easy to practice yet provide powerful benefits. Even simple yoga poses are good way to improve physical condition and calm down the mind.
Triyak Bhujangasana (Twisted Cobra Pose) which is a variation of the Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) is a simple pose which proves that yoga does not have to be complicated. The benefits of this pose consists of proving a back stretch and assisting in the peristaltic movement thus helping in cases of constipation.
Steps to Practice Triyak Bhujanga Asana
- Lie on the abdomen and place the hands beside the shoulders on the floor. Feet should be around one feet apart with toes tucked under.
- While inhaling raise the upper body with the help of the arms and look up.
- With exhalation slowly turn the head and upper body to the right and look over the right shoulder towards the left heel.
- Stay in this position for some time and the awareness should be on the back area of the left side.
- With inhalation bring back the head to the center again.
- Now repeat the pose on the left side.
- After 2 to 3 repetitions on both the sides bring back the body to starting position with exhalation
Do not practice this pose in case of severe back pain and hernia.
Benefits of Triyak Bhujanga Asana
- In this pose the back muscles are pulled, especially the muscles which are on the outer edges of the back. Usually these muscles are not exercised much and this pose make them stronger and flexible. This also help in back pains.
- Increases flexibility of the spine.
- Increases the arm strength.
- Helps in constipation.
Bhujanga Asana (Cobra Pose)