In the previous article home remedies for sore throat we saw what are the common reasons for sore throat and what are the common remedies for this problem. As mentioned in that article you can catch sore throat or Pharyngitis from variety of sources which can range from viral infection to sometimes eating ice creams which are artificially flavored.
In this article we will explore one of the ways to treat sore throat and that is through acupressure. Although sore throat can happen due to various reasons and you may be taking some medications but applying this acupressure treatment will help you to get well sooner and help you to get rid of the problematic symptoms sooner.
Acupressure Points for Sore Throat
The acupressure points for sore throat are located at various parts of the body and you would need to press each of these points for around one minute with the thumb. If the points are painful then press softly. This can be done by either yourself or you can also ask someone to give the treatment.
|Acupressure for Sore Throat (Point 1)|
1. Point 1 – The first point is located near the bone joint of the thumb and the index fingers.
2. Point 2 is located on the throat on both sides of the adams apple which is a prominent hard part on the throat. Press around one inch on the either side.
3. Point 3 – This is located on the right leg two thumb widths above the ankle bone on the inside of the leg.
4. Point 4 -This point is located on the right hand, around inches above the wrist line on the center.
5. Point 5 – The next point is located on the throat pit which is a the place where throat ends and the chest bone starts.
6. Point 6 – This is located on the middle of the chest on the line between the two nipples.
Apart from acupressure have warm water or drink hot tea as that will give you more relief. Drink warm water before the acupressure session to get quicker relief.
Reflexology Points in the hand
Treating Abdomen Pain with Acupressure
Treat Leg Pain with Acupressure
Acupressure for Menstrual Cramps
Treating Frozen Shoulder with Acupressure
Acupressure and Home Remedy tips For Ear Pain
How to control Febrile Convulsion through Acupressure?
How to get rid of Toothache fast